Dental Studio At Rosslyn
General & Cosmetic Dentist & Dental Implant Specialist located in Rosslyn, Falls Church, VA
Dr. Reza Tahernia at Dental Studio at Rosslyn understands that injuries and sudden toothaches can happen unexpectedly, which is why they prioritize treating your dental emergency as soon as possible. If you need an emergency dentist in Arlington, Virginia, the expert team has you covered. Call the office right away for prompt service.
Emergency Dentist Q & A
What is a dental emergency?
Any time you experience an injury that causes a tooth to become loose or knocked-out, or suffer from intense mouth pain, you may need emergency dental treatment. Sometimes emergency situations involve conditions that develop gradually, like a dental abscess.
The team at Dental Studio at Rosslyn is committed to addressing your emergency promptly. Prompt dental care not only relieves pain, but it may also help save a tooth or prevent your condition from worsening.
What are examples of dental emergencies?
The knowledgeable team at Dental Studio at Rosslyn treats a broad range of dental emergencies, such as:
- Knocked-out teeth
- Partially knocked-out or loose teeth
- Chipped, broken, or fractured teeth
- Injuries to the soft tissues of your mouth
- Severe toothaches
- Dental abscesses or infections that may appear as pus-filled pockets
- Lost or loose fillings
- Lost or broken crowns and bridges
What should I do if I have a dental emergency?
As soon as you suspect you have a dental emergency, you should call Dental Studio at Rosslyn. A member of their expert team asks questions about your emergency and determines whether you need urgent care.
They may also suggest at-home tips to follow before you get treatment, such as:
- Keeping a knocked-out tooth moist without touching the root, either inside your mouth or in milk
- Rinsing your mouth with warm water for a cracked tooth
- Applying a cold compress to reduce pain and swelling
How do you treat a dental emergency?
First, one of the experienced providers at Dental Studio at Rosslyn evaluates your condition. Then, they offer the best treatment for your situation as quickly as possible.
Depending on the cause of your emergency, this may include:
- Replacing missing or knocked-out teeth with dental implants or bridges
- Repairing lost or damaged fillings and crowns
- Emergency tooth extraction
- Emergency repair for a cracked or fractured tooth
- Root canal therapy for extreme tooth decay
- Pain-relieving medicines for a toothache or injuries
- Antibiotic treatment for infections and dental abscesses
If you or a loved one needs an emergency dentist, don’t hesitate to call Dental Studio at Rosslyn immediately.